[RndTbl] Gmail spam filtering super-aggressive lately

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Thu Apr 2 23:29:45 CDT 2020

On 2020-04-02 Alberto Abrao wrote:
> I wonder what'll happen with this one...

Your DKIM now looks more sane.  And the MUUG server reports that it's
passing with flying colors.  So it must just be a gmail thing.

When diagnosing these things, I use yahoomail as it lets you drill down
and see exactly what checks are failing.  gmail might give you a
similar way to see what's going on in its web interface.  Send your
gmail/yahoomail another test email Drill down into the headers and see
if all the DKIM / SPF / DMARC / whoknowswhatelse stuff is passing.

Oh ya, gmail in their take-over-the-world wisdom have a proprietary
anti-spam system in place now that might solve this gmail-spam problem.
Search google-site-verification and sign up and put their record in
your DNS TXT (in addition to your SPF record... so you'll have 2+
separate records).  Weird, the main google-site-verification site
doesn't seem to mention the anti-spam usage, but I know for one of my
clients (big email sender) we required this verification to stop always
going into spam boxes.

Needless to say, this unilateral non-RFC garbage from google is further
proof they are the devil.