[RndTbl] Gmail spam filtering super-aggressive lately

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Fri Apr 3 01:51:15 CDT 2020

> Argh.  This is why I don't like messing with this stuff :-)
> I prefer to wait for a fire and then put it out.  However,
> gmail spamblocking Alberto is just such a fire...

And, my Gmail is spamblocking Sean Cody too.  His last two postings just
now both went to my Gmail spam.

So, now both victims feel "honoured":

> [Alberto Abrao] I ... am honoured ...
> [Sean Cody] I’m sure more lives are enriched by filing anything by me as
spam than otherwise.

Good humour!  And I too now feel honoured to have started one of my 2 or 3
longest ever threads here on MUUG.

Now, to my own further thoughts (while omitting the curses).  I would add
TXT SPF record content that legitimizes as sender any and all relaying
agents, like my own forwarder/fanout, the MUUG mailing list "forwarder",
etc.  And remember, only one "TXT v=spf1" record is allowed, and
DNS-querying parameters (everything besides IP addresses) are limited to a
count of 10.  The parameters are called "mechanisms", by the way.

If my thoughts above aren't sensible, note that I am very weak in knowledge
at this end of e-mail stuff.  My e-mail strength is at the other end, in
configuring the user stuff like SMTP/POP3/IMAP settings, doing
forwarding/fanout, migrating whole mail databases from one system to
another system, and such.  Though I have perused a lot of e-mail headers to
figure out some failures.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331