[RndTbl] sshd: Corrupted MAC on input.

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Mon Aug 10 10:57:14 CDT 2020

On 2020-08-04 1:28 p.m., Gilbert E. Detillieux wrote:
> On 2020-08-04 12:55 p.m., Adam Thompson wrote:
>> I can't remember, did you try disabling HW offload on both sending and
>> receiving ends already?  (Either end could trigger the SSH abort.)
>
> I hadn't yet.  (I was trying a few other things first, such as changing
> MAC algorithms, and rebooting with the older kernel, neither of which
> seemed to affect things.)
>
> I've now disabled both rx and tx checksum offloading.  We'll see if that
> makes a difference.
So, after almost 6 days running with rx and tx checksum offloading
disabled, not a single "Corrupted MAC on input" error!  My overnight
rsync now runs to completion.

I hope this isn't premature, but I think we found the problem!  (Who
would have thought it could make such a difference?!)

It also doesn't seem to have caused a noticeable performance hit.  I'm
thinking we were disk I/O bound on the remote (receiving) end, anyway,
so if the network I/O is a bit slower, we wouldn't see it.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions!

Gilbert

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux        E-mail:  <gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>