[RndTbl] Jitsi

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Dec 9 10:19:35 CST 2020

On 2020-12-09 10:04 a.m., Michael Doob wrote:
> Hi Everyone --

Hi Michael.

> Am I the only one who had a jitsi failure last night?

Likely not...  We typically get some attendees who have audio or video
issues, bandwidth issues or something.  Problems are usually not at the
Jitsi server end, but usually something local to specific users.
Sometimes, it's related to the web browser.  (I've occasionally had
weird video output/display issues with Jitsi in Chrome, and have now
made it a habit to restart Chrome before signing into a Jitsi meeting.)
Sometimes it's a system-level issue, and the only solution is a reboot.

> After a bit of
> a struggle just to log in, there was no way I could get the audio
> to work. I've never had a problem for previous meetings. Too bad
> I'm not a lip reader. I could see them moving.

See above.  Not sure what browser you were using, but my first
suggestion would be to restart the browser, then try to connect again.
If the problem persists, try a different browser, then look for hardware
or OS issues.  (Try other apps to see if the same problem is there, or
not.  Try system settings, try a reboot, or full power-down and restart.)

> Was our attendance
> lower that what might be expected?

Similar to the last couple months, I think. (More or less...)

> While I'm here: it's dues-paying time for me. Do we have inteac e-transfers
> set up for our banking. I could make the direct deposit and avoid any
> fees being charged to MUUG.

Yes, we do now accept Interac e-Transfers!  Details can be found here...

https://muug.ca/about.php#payment

> Cheers,
> Michael

All the best,