[RndTbl] Fedora 32 and Matrox G200e

Alberto Abrao alberto at abrao.net
Sat Dec 19 09:24:25 CST 2020

On 2020-12-18 7:19 p.m., Trevor Cordes wrote:
> Turns out it did work!  Thanks!  I found a table of all the vga= values
> on the net.
>
> The video works on boot now, but it takes 120s to boot until it reaches
> a point where it switches to a vga mode that isn't slow as molasses.  I
> think we've all seen over the years at least one time where a boot
> console scrolls like a 1200 baud modem.  That's what we're seeing here
> with the new vga mode, obviously it's a barebones non-accelerated mode.

 From my research, passing vga=ask will give you the codes for modes
supported by the video adapter on the system. Those would be accelerated.

May I ask you to share the code you used? I would love to see if it
results in the same behavior on my end :)

I will also give you a code for 1024x768 straight from the vga=ask +
converted to pass as a vga= parameter to the kernel so you can test and
see if it, pun may be intended, accelerates.

Kind regards,

--
Alberto Abrao
204-202-1778 (Landline)