[RndTbl] Fedora 32 and Matrox G200e

Alberto Abrao alberto at abrao.net
Sun Dec 20 21:20:10 CST 2020

On 2020-12-20 6:02 p.m., Alberto Abrao wrote:
> Hello again everyone,
>
> Trevor, I have just tried vga=791 here and it works for 1024x768,
> without the symptom you described. (vga=791 corresponds to 1024x768x16)
>
> vga=792 is for 1024x768x32, which also seems OK.
>
> I am curious to try the code you used, just to see if the same thing
> happens here :)

Also, in case it is useful:

I took a picture of the output of vga=ask - all modes supported should
be here. Just remember to convert the three-digit code before the
desired resolution using:

printf "%d\n" 0x(code)

e.g.

printf "%d\n" 0x317 (for 1024x768x16)

https://muug.abrao.net/71aabbd2-cbcd-49bb-9ff3-6d6919108cfb.jpg

Please let me know if those are different than the ones you found. I am
curious to know if these are video-interface specific or not.

Kind regards,

--
Alberto Abrao
204-202-1778 (Landline)