[RndTbl] Shaw blocking port 25 on business line

eh at eduardhiebert.com eh at eduardhiebert.com
Wed Jan 29 21:09:21 CST 2020

  Trevor, on the big picture in so few words my sense is you absolutely
nailed it!

On 28/01/2020 10:35 PM, Trevor Cordes wrote:
> I share your pain... I administer an email-heavy system and the world
> is much too aggressive with their BL's.  The more concentrated email
> gets (think gmail) the worse it gets.  (My 2c.)

First, I would like to thank you and several others for offering
solutions to Gerald's email problems that major interests such as
google/gmail have not only no interest in correcting the problems but as
you point out are aggressively ratcheting up the situation through a
well greased Catch-22 marketing plan that is also strategically heavily
levered whereby google/gmail gains access to a market many times larger
than its direct clientele.

In short, though the pot is clearly warming up and small wonder why so
many users are resistant to switch, to repeat, my thanks to all of you
for making Gerald's task a little easier!

Might it be time to set up a range of low-cost to no-cost how-to options
from the small time email user with no more than a domain name with a
host email service to the more complex as mentioned here?

As well as proactively seeding interests so that the open sourced
non-gmail providers see the need for some serious upgrading and not
leave improvement options like labels in lieu of folders only to google?

Eduard