[RndTbl] Gmail spam filtering super-aggressive lately

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Wed Mar 25 01:10:26 CDT 2020

I've had a lot of trouble in the last few months with Gmail's spam
filtering having become super-aggressive, but tonight we have a live case
worthy of analysis.  In the thread "Opinions on Fedora Server" initiated by
Alberto Abrao <alberto at abrao.net>, *both* of Alberto's postings went to my
Gmail spam, while Trevor Cordes's posting came through fine.

A detail on my use of Gmail:  I use it as infrastructure for my own e-mail
addresses @marityme.net.  Incoming e-mails to @marityme.net are forwarded
into my Gmail address from somewhere else, and outgoing e-mails from @
marityme.net are sent from Gmail where I set up these addresses as valid
"from" addresses.

Yeah, I suspect the trouble is somewhere in Gmail's new expectations re TXT
SPF, DKIM, DomainKeys, and such.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331