[RndTbl] Gmail spam filtering super-aggressive lately

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Wed Mar 25 02:36:54 CDT 2020

 My ISP is Shaw res, with 3 IP addresses.

I don't like feeding borgs either, but Gmail has two things I would miss:
1.  Labels, which are superior to (and a true superset of) folders.  I have
made extensive use of multi-categorizing many of my e-mails into multiple
labels.  (No, copies into additional folders don't cut it.)  I really wish
that a newer IMAP standard would come out to fully accommodate labels, and
that labels would get broad adoption in the e-mail world.
2.  Easy e-mail sync across my devices - laptop/desktop, Android
phone/tablet, etc.

As for Gmail's datamining, sure, I know the big boys all do that, but I
haven't got much to hide.  And I have never knowingly been sold anything
due to such datamining either - I'm just not a significant consumer - nor
have I been receiving any identifiably targetted ads due to datamining.
So, I'm fine with the trade-off for the above Gmail advantages, knowing
that if I ever change my mind, I can go elsewhere with the @mydomain
addresses without updating anyone in the world.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331