[RndTbl] Gmail spam filtering super-aggressive lately

Alberto Abrao alberto at abrao.net
Wed Mar 25 11:27:07 CDT 2020

I have it all set up properly as far as I know. It may be related to the
MUUG list sending e-mails on my behalf. From the little I've read about
this particular situation, it opens a whole new can of worms. I may have
missed something on my end, for sure, as I am totally new to running my
own e-mail. But it has been working great so far.

The attached report I got from Google may help figure out what's going on.

In my humble opinion, Google is going "full retard" and has been for a
while. I too don't have anything sensitive going on, and I am a sucker
for cheap gear. Even then, they're asking for more, taking more control,
while giving less and less of value. Open source offerings have caught
up to all of its features that are useful to me, so it made more sense
to deploy an open source stack instead.

Right now the two issues I have are:

1) replacing Hangouts completely. My wife likes it, and Nextcloud Talk
is good for many things, but it's missing a few features. Things like
sharing links and pictures don't work, for example.

2) finding a new phone that's reasonably priced and able to run a Custom
ROM without Google Play. My current phone is not. I may even restore my
old Nexus 4 for that.

Kind regards,
Alberto Abrao
204-202-1778