[RndTbl] Square payment system

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Sat May 2 16:15:58 CDT 2020

As many of you know, MUUG uses the Square Technologies credit card and
debit card payment processing system.  I have now been using that system as
well for a few months (I signed up through the MUUG referral link), and I
want to hereby give *my resounding endorsement of this system*.

It even works properly with the Canadian banks' Visa Debit and MasterCard
Debit cards, in both Visa/MasterCard credit card mode and Interac debit
card mode (Moneris, co-owned by RBC and BMO, never accepted those cards in
credit card mode, and thus never accepted them in Internet or phone
transactions).

Also, the collected payments at Square Technologies are deposited into your
bank account in 1-2 days.  That's fast for a credit card processor!  And
their Web interface is exceptionally well-featured, giving you extensive
control in managing your customers, while also allowing simple one-off
payments.

Their hardware also gives excellent choices, especially for integrating
with your mobile phone.

Use the following referral link for MUUG to receive the referral credit:
https://squareup.com/i/MANITOBAU1

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331