[RndTbl] New Xeon NUC released

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed May 6 22:48:55 CDT 2020

On 2020-05-06 Kevin McGregor wrote:
> $ouch$
>
> AMD could severely undercut this with a modified Ryzen laptop CPU
> (with built-in Radeon graphics and modified to support ECC). Or a
> slightly lower price with a Threadripper.

AFAIK all the Ryzen 3's with built-in graphics do not (and won't) have
ECC.  There might be Pro versions out eventually that will, though.
But they won't be cheap.

1400GBP isn't too bad for that NUC... I was guessing more before I got
to the punchline.

Yes, you can put together a whopping Ryzen3 ECC system for well under
that price... but it won't be in a tiny cube shape!

> Does anyone know of a low end barebones system with a Ryzen CPU of any
> description?

Does it have to be tiny?  Or any "barebones" (i.e. full ATX or M.ATX)?