[RndTbl] I'm looking for an all-in-one

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Sat Oct 31 18:22:47 CDT 2020

Unrelated to the "Linux-friendly, non-abusive" matter (which other members
here will no doubt deal with), my immediate thought is, it CANNOT be an
inkjet device.  With your infrequent printing schedule, such a device would
give you endless troubles and expenses with dried-out, often
unresurrectable, inkjet cartridges or nozzles.  If colour is not needed,
then it should be a laser device.  Those are fine with infrequent printing,
though with such low print volumes, you'd still have the issue that even
toner does deteriorate after a few years of sitting in a cartridge.

Back to inkjet devices:  You could print a handful of useless "maintenance"
pages every 5 days or so to keep the cartridges and nozzles in good
condition, which would result in way more "maintenance" pages than real
pages being printed over time, with a much higher cost per real page than
normal.

The dot-matrix printers of the distant past didn't have the above issues.
:)  :)

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331