[RndTbl] *** WARNING *** Automatic Thunderbird upgrade to version 78.x has started

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 16 12:22:18 CDT 2020

I ended up getting so frustrated with the new version 78 (not just
because of the missing add-ons, but also reliability issues with my IMAP
connections to the server at work) that I reinstalled the previous
version...

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/68.12.0/

That led to this issue with the profile...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/unable-launch-older-version-profile

... which I was able to work around with the "--allow-downgrade" option...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/dedicated-profile-thunderbird-installation

After that, it was just a matter of reinstalling my old (pre-upgrade)
add-ons that had gotten updated or simply deleted (e.g. Lightning).

I've disabled automatic-updates now, of course!

Gilbert

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux        E-mail:  <gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Computer Science    Web:     http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/