[RndTbl] Advice on finally buying my first laptop

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sun Sep 27 09:09:06 CDT 2020

On 2020-09-27 06:52, Trevor Cordes wrote:
> P.S. Acer is only fine if you don't want to run native linux.  And Asus
> ones don't tend to last long.

Heh, that's true.  The ASUS is the laptop you wish hadn't died, and the
HP is the laptop that just won't quite die no matter how much you wish
it would.

> P.P.S. What's an AAA game?  Where you go around towing cars?

ROTFL.  That's the funniest take I've seen on that!

"AAA (pronounced and sometimes written Triple-A) is an informal
classification used for video games produced and distributed by a
mid-sized or major publisher, typically having higher development and
marketing budgets."  (From wikipedia)

So basically just this year's blockbuster game, whatever that is.
Which, running on a laptop is going to be... painful, unless Brad gets
one of those Gaming-specific monstrosities I see at Memory Express
sometimes.  (They're nice, but NOT meant for your lap.)

-Adam