[RndTbl] shaw 2nd ip

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Wed Dec 1 20:12:15 CST 2021

If you have two interfaces where traffic must remain separated (i.e. inbound connection to IP #1 needs reply packets from #1, inbound connection to #2 needs reply packets from #2) you'll also need to look into Routing Domains or Routing Tables - can't remember offhand what Linux calls them.  On a router, we'd call this a VRF, or a Virtual Routing Instance.  Basically, you no longer have one set of routes, you have two sets.  Each interface is a "member" of one set or the other, not both.
-Adam