[RndTbl] Do not use BellMTS Fibre internet

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 11:26:47 CST 2021

I recently switched from Shaw Gigabit Internet (1 Gb down, 100 Mb up) to
BellMTS Fibre 500 (500 Mb down, 500 Mb up).

And then a month or so later I find out that Bell BLOCKS ALL NTP TRAFFIC.
So none of the systems in my home have the right time anymore.

Yes, there is a workaround: Manually switch all of your devices and systems
to point to ntp.mts.net to get the right time. This sucks. If I had known
this, I would not have switched. The rep I talked to said there had been
some sort of attack using NTP, so they just block it all now.

Grr.