[RndTbl] MUUG Online Meeting, Tuesday, Dec 14, 7:30pm -- Jellyfin, Extended Round-Table and Show-and-Tell

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Dec 7 21:03:58 CST 2021

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting online, on Tuesday, December 14th, at 7:30pm:

    Jellyfin, Extended Round-Table and Show-and-Tell

    MUUG has a tradition of making the December meeting more of an
    informal, social gathering. Because we're still meeting online,
    we've had to let go of some of the traditional aspects of this
    year-end meeting (like sharing food), but we will try to keep some
    of our socail December tradition alive.

    Show us your favourite gadget! As part of an extended round-table
    discussion, we'll try to keep the gadget show-and-tell. (This
    year, you don't have to haul it to the meeting site, but it will
    have to be small enough to show on your webcam!) If you have a
    cool device, something unusual, whether brand new or ready for the
    museum, there will be an opportunity to show it off.

    Mini-Presentation: Jellyfin

    This month, Wyatt Zacharias will demonstrate Jellyfin, a suite
    of free and open-source multimedia applications designed to
    organize, manage, and share digital media files to networked
    devices.

    Harvest Manitoba

    We won't be able to collect food and cash donations this year, but
    please remember that the needs for some may be greater than usual.
    We encourage you to donate to Harvest Manitoba, or your
    favourite local charity.

    This will once again be an online meeting. Stay tuned to our
    muug.ca home page for the official URL, which will be made
    available about a half hour before the meeting starts. (Reload
    the page if you don't see the link, or if there are issues with
    connecting.)

The group holds its meetings at 7:30pm on the second Tuesday of every
month from September to June.  (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out
their web server:

	https://muug.ca/

Help us promote this month's meeting, by putting this poster up on your
workplace bulletin board or other suitable public message board, or
linking to it on social media:

	https://muug.ca/meetings/MUUGmeeting.pdf

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux    E-mail: <gedetil at muug.ca>