[RndTbl] attachments (was: 55" monitor and multiple laptops)

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Thu Dec 16 09:06:18 CST 2021

On 2021-12-15 4:41 p.m., Adam Thompson wrote:
> Always has, it's just a really really tiny size limit (256kb, iirc).

Yeah, we've never disallowed attachments, but the size limit does often
get in the way.

I also seem to recall that with earlier versions of GNU Mailman, the
attachments weren't stored in the mail archive, but they now seem to be.

> Perhaps RHIP?  Not sure, I didn't approve the message.

I approved that one, as I've done for other e-mails from legit members
that happen to hit the size limit.  (It has nothing to do with rank...
Maybe MHIP?)

We should perhaps revisit the size limits, and allow something more
reasonable for today's standards.

Gilbert

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail:	<gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>