[RndTbl] Best free/cheap web hosting sites?

Alberto Abrao alberto at abrao.net
Tue Feb 2 15:17:21 CST 2021

I have been postponing my website creation for around 20 years. Last one I did was in Geocities, and I am not even kidding. So I am absolutely clueless on what would be a good easy solution. The only reason why I bothered to reply is that you asked for cheap hosting, so...

For the longest time, I used http://www.nosupportlinuxhosting.com/

Priced like Doug Ford's beer, it works well for low traffic applications. For my use (email), well, everyone thought I was sending spam. Obviously. Being cPanel-based, it's not really hard to have a website there without much hassle, and there are quite a few platforms available. I did spin something at one point, and it sat there with the default page until I moved it all out.

I assume this platform is like Wix, instead of something like WordPress, correct?

Alberto