[RndTbl] HW question

Sean Cody sean at tinfoilhat.ca
Tue Jan 26 23:11:03 CST 2021

That is way too much card for that chipset, kind of with Alberto here.

Sure it will ‘work’ but also not sure what ‘bump the graphics’ means for you here and your use case may require it but in the absence of context, yeah that is kind of like putting a rocket on a Miata.

Not knowing what you are coming from and assuming you want to stay in the Nvidia GPU space I would say something like a 1030-1070 would be a reasonable balance (even then it is a bit of a stretch) as your board listed is PCI2.0 and you’ll barely be able to feed it to hit anywhere near the capacity.

Especially if you only need it for a year of so, now if you are looking to buy now to transplant into a new rig later well then yeah it will work but don’t expect to really get it’s value until that upgrade.

--

Sean