[RndTbl] HW question

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Jan 30 04:47:15 CST 2021

On 2021-01-26 Sean Cody wrote:

> yeah that is kind of like putting a rocket on a Miata.

Can't resist:

https://staceydavid.com/projects/banshee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_zn4e7tJZA
skip to 12:30 point

TLDR; put a 400hp V8 in a Miata; bonus notes: needed more upgrades than
you'd imagine so it wouldn't tear itself apart with torque.  All in
$10k-$20k in mid-00's money.

I like my current cars, but this thing would be so fun to drive because
of its power-to-weight insanity.  It'd be like putting a V8 in my old
'Lude sitting there... (don't tempt me!)

What does this have to do with *NIX?  Absolutely nothing!  Except maybe
that guys doing this are the same as the overclockers, modders,
and tweakers of computers.