[RndTbl] The Atlantic: The Internet Is Rotting

Tim Lavoie tim at fractaldragon.net
Mon Jul 5 12:54:22 CDT 2021

Interesting, but it's always been this way. I think sometimes it's more
a matter of trying to hold up your own end (things like sitemap.xml on a
site), and setting expectations that it's all pretty ephemeral.

I subscribe to the Pinboard.in bookmarking service, and it includes
archiving of bookmarked pages. An interesting aspect of this is that it
also provides a list of non-OK error responses found, and which pages
returned that. So you can go in, try to fix them with updated versions,
or just understand that that old link is now kaput.