[RndTbl] Looking for a used rack mount UPS

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu Jun 3 18:07:13 CDT 2021

You can get up to 1500VA off a regular 15A circuit with a regular NEMA
5-15 socket.  (e.g. APC SmartUPS 1500)  Above that is where you need the
20A or weirder sockets.

One thing to watch out for with Cyberpower: they use proprietary battery
sizes.  Like, physical sizes.  Same chemistry, save voltages, same
mfgrs, etc. but like 8mm thinner or slightly squarer or ... etc.  Some
of the units designed to have replaceable batteries use normal sizes,
but some use proprietary sizes.  Just check the battery type/dimensions
- if you can - before purchasing.  Right now, my dad has 3 of their
smaller (~400VA) units and it's only $10 more to buy a new unit than it
is to replace the battery!

-Adam