[RndTbl] Accusations against Stallman at last night meeting

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Thu Jun 10 01:39:36 CDT 2021

On 2021-06-09 Bill Reid wrote:
> Thanks Trevor for your comments about Stallman.   Well written.

Thanks also.

I won't argue left vs far left, since it's subjective and, more
importantly, irrelevant to the point I was trying to make.  I only
brought it up to illustrate that, if anything, I should be biased
_against_ Stallman, yet here I am defending his right to voice
his (often appalling) opinions (I mostly vehemently disagree with)
without being professionally destroyed.  If nothing else, his
contributions should have earned him much wider pause, leeway,
understanding, and tolerance.

But, alas, tis the nature of the culture at the moment.  I could go on
and on for a very long time, so I'll leave it here.  Perhaps we can
chat in person further at a future meeting.  I also look forward to
hearing what others have to say.  Shocking that so many are silent
whilst witnessing the destruction of an icon.