[RndTbl] NASDAQ has bit-limit bug

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Sat May 8 05:00:32 CDT 2021

Intriguing!  Of course that so-called "compact format" (in the article) is
a 32-bit unsigned integer, capped at 2^32-1.  While going to 64-bit integer
is a very clean solution (not the only one), interpreting the 32-bit
integer as having 3 decimal digits would also preserve exact one-eighths
(0.125) and result in a new cap of 10x the current cap.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331