[RndTbl] User to Super-user to career change

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Fri Oct 22 01:41:06 CDT 2021

> Thanks for the responses! I don't know why but I didn't receive Adam's reply by email, I only found it because Mark and Troy seemed to be referencing something so I looked up the thread on the MUUG site.

This is very likely a Gmail issue.  You are openly using a Gmail address, and Adam might be using Gmail infrastructure to implement e-mail on his own domain name, just like I do.  Gmail was for about a decade long the best of the "3 big boys" (Gmail, MS Mail, Yahoo), but in the last 1½ years, Gmail has caused endless trouble in their aggressive zeal to be/become number 1 in anti-spam (driven by consumer demand, at the expense of our sanity as IT professionals).

I have spent the last 1½ years doing workarounds for both myself and a handful of customers and colleagues.  Among many issues, Gmail has been deliberately discarding e-mails by their goofy anti-spam algorithms (both while sending and receiving) without any notification whatsoever to sender or receiver, which is almost unprecedented in the e-mail world.

Some time ago, I started a MUUG RoundTable thread here about some Gmail issues, and I believe there was a good discussion.

To be sure this posting gets through, I'll send it from my MS Mail infrastructure, though I also use Tucows/OpenSRS, Thunderbird, Webmail through a Roundcube derivative, etc.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331