[RndTbl] Remi repo bug?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Dec 3 23:38:39 CST 2022

On 2022-11-30 Adam Thompson wrote:
> Oh no, do not just touch(1) an RPM metadata file, that way lies the
> lair of dark Chtulu, the very sight of whom induces madness...
> (Source: tried that once, oh dear god what a mess it made until I
> nuked my entire rpm db from orbit.)
>
> But I think you can clean one repo at a time.  And/or *deleting* the
> repo metadata file should work, too.

Ok, I took your word for it.  I have enough problems with Chtulu
already.

After toying around I found that this works to suppress the errors:

/etc/cron.daily/0yum-daily.cron

yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo remi-safe  clean metadata >/dev/null 2>&1
yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo remi-php80 clean metadata >/dev/null 2>&1
exec /usr/sbin/yum-cron

(and a similar addition to 0yum-hourly.cron)

Thanks all