[RndTbl] Fwd: Can a pdf file itself be maleware Fwd: FW: remittance Message Payment Status Notification

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Wed Jan 19 10:10:07 CST 2022

You are correct, although getting your payload to be executed or even opened could be difficult, since AFAIK none of the apps that can read .docx (et al.) files will blindly read everything inside the ZIP container.
Every anti-malware engine I know of also knows how to detect zip files and scan inside them.
So it's still useful vector in certain ways, but it's not the open door it once was.
-Adam