[RndTbl] On forcing people to get Google accounts

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Sun Nov 6 02:12:31 CST 2022

On Sat 05 Nov 2022 at 11:24:20 -05:00, Mark Jenkins <mark at parit.ca> wrote:
> I really appreciate Hartmut's contribution here because I've been
> thinking of asking Shaw for new equipment after many years, so I'm
> glad to know the Hitron's are still a thing.

Thanks!

I forgot one detail.  I believe the Hitron CGNM-2250 is only capable of speeds up to 300 mbps.  But then, "that ought to be good enough for anybody" (Bill Gates, re the 640 KB RAM limit on the original PC).

Also, you can no longer get useful info on the Shaw Website; you have to call them and talk to a rep, and even then, you have to convince the rep that you know more about their lower-priced offerings than they want to tell you.  (This behaviour actually started with BellMTS, and Shaw followed suite later.)

On the Shaw Website, no matter what you click (even just "Internet Plans" or "Phone Plans"), it invariably takes you straight to TV/Internet bundles in the $175-200 range.  That is especially obnoxious for "Phone Plans".

Hartmut