[RndTbl] Issues encountered with the Shaw BlueCurve modem and app

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Tue Nov 22 18:18:01 CST 2022

On Tue 22 Nov 2022 at 18:05:01 -06:00, Brian Lowe <brian2 at groupbcl.ca> wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 5:42:21 P.M. CST David Milton wrote:
>
> > This is bridge mode. You will need your own firewall/router for bridge mode.
>
> Is it, though? Everything I've read and heard from Shaw Support indicates the
> TV player device no longer works when the BlueCurve modem is put into bridge
> mode, because the player needs WiFi and bridge mode turns WiFi off.

Quite some time ago, when I talked to Shaw about the BlueCurve device (both the "6" and "7" models, i.e., 2 RJ45 sockets and 4 RJ45 sockets), they said that it definitely has a full-fledged bridge mode, though we didn't discuss TV matters in that context.

Might the TV player be able to use your own router's Wi-Fi in this case?

Hartmut