[RndTbl] weird DKIM fail

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Thu Oct 27 04:45:00 CDT 2022

I am now just finishing 3 months of SPF experiences and 1-2 months of DKIM experiences (I'm still weak on DKIM).  The stuff mostly works now, but I too have had one identifiable trouble maker, namely Gmail in my case.

I think we need a bit more info from you here.  We need the "send from" domain name, the "to" domain name, and the relevant DNS zone file records of the "send from" domain name.  (The "to" domain name is only needed in case Internet research has something to say about its DKIM verification efforts.)

As for (multiple) conflicting DKIM setups on one domain, that should hardly be possible as long as the "selectors" are unique.

Also note that, while DKIM usually only involves TXT records, one case I have (Fastmail) involves CNAME and TXT records.

We might ultimately need to see the received header as well.

Hartmut