[RndTbl] Samples of red text on black background

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Apr 8 22:45:15 CDT 2023

On 2023-04-08 Kevin McGregor wrote:
> I foolishly assumed the screenshots I took would reflect what I was
> seeing, and I sent them without reviewing them. I suspect if I'd used
> an SLR and adjusted the shutter speed correctly the effect would have
> been apparent. I might try that if I feel motivated this weekend.

Uh, you guys are saying that the anti-aliasing / sub-pixel hoohaa /
<insert more techie terms here> is doing something non-static, i.e. it
varies over time on a static page/screen?

Like flickering a pixel component on a 10,20,30,40,50,whatever Hz basis
to cause some visual affect on the font that is supposed to be
appealing?

Man, I thought the crap tech Microsoft was using in WinXP was bad
enough.  If it's doing something that inherently "flickers" then I
think I'd actually go insane.