[RndTbl] intel-media-driver with Intel 1165G7 and Rocky 9

Chris Audet cj.audet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:13:59 CST 2023

@Alberto just a quick follow up from last meeting, you had suggested
installing the official Intel driver to get the most out of this CPU.

I installed as per this kb <https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/Multimedia>,
everything seems OK (it shows up installed because I ran it again as an
example, forgot to copy the output first time):

[root at what ~]# dnf install intel-media-driver
Last metadata expiration check: 2:11:34 ago on Wed 15 Feb 2023 03:49:21 PM.
Package intel-media-driver-21.1.3-1.el9.x86_64 is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

Only thing I was wondering was how to verify that the OS is actually using
the newly installed driver.

After reboot, the Gnome settings app is reporting "Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics
(TGL GT2)", I'm not 100% sure but I think that's what it was displaying
before the install as well.

In any case I'll keep using it and will report back if anything exciting
happens.  Thanks for the tip 🙂