[RndTbl] intel-media-driver with Intel 1165G7 and Rocky 9

Chris Audet cj.audet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 12:39:47 CST 2023

@Adam great breakdown, thanks!

*>Maybe it would be helpful if Chris told us his laptop brand / model*
Lenovo Thinkbook 14 G2 ITL with Intel 1165G7 (no dedicated GPU, just Intel
iGPU)

*>and confirm what the base issue is*
Thankfully there's no actual problem I'm trying to fix, as far as I can
tell the Intel iGPU works great out of the box, including browser video
decode.
This was mostly a follow up from last month's meeting.  It was suggested
that the hardware might be too new for the kernel that ships with Rocky 9,
and I was directed to look at the Intel stuff on this KB
<https://rpmfusion.org/Howto/Multimedia>.  If no action is needed then then
I'll just keep on truckin' 🙂

*>you probably don’t want to enable RPMFusion on any corporate system
without checking with your company’s lawyer(s)*
Good insight, I never considered this.  This is a personal device but we've
also got a handful of Rocky Linux VMs at work, so I will double check.