[RndTbl] EAC equivalent for Linux - found! (more or less)

J. King jking at jkingweb.ca
Thu Mar 23 23:02:24 CDT 2023

On March 23, 2023 11:40:31 p.m. EDT, Adam Thompson <athompso at athompso.net> wrote:
>I, and I know a few of you, have long been looking for an equivalent tool under Linux to Windows’ Exact Audio Copy.
>I just stumbled upon a new (to me) possible contender: Whipper.

That's interesting, Adam.

I've been using cdparanoia for several years as the basis of a script which will rip multiple discs as a set (I mainly buy operas on CD nowadays), convert the result to FLAC, add track and disc number metadata, calculate Replaygain, and finally open the files in foobar2000 for further tagging.

Whipper seems nice, but I'm not sure it adds enough to make it worth it. I'll check it out, though.

--
J. King