[RndTbl] *nix in action at the Skullspace Hax Festival March 31-April 2nd

Mark Jenkins mark at parit.ca
Mon Mar 27 16:14:13 CDT 2023

Hey Folks,

I'm organizing a festival at Skullspace (374 Donald) next weekend,
Friday March 31 through Sunday April 2nd.

https://hax.skullspace.ca

Includes:
 * A movie night on Friday night
 * General interest talks from 9:30am to 3pm Saturday
 * Information security talks, 3pm-6pm Saturday
 * An early Saturday night party (6pm-10pm) (tickets required)
 * A music open mic and jam 11am-3pm Sunday
 * Electronics market and auction 3:30pm-5pm

Aside from the Saturday night party these are free events.

Directly relevant to MUUG members, one of our Saturday talks will
specifically feature a *nix systems in action:

At 10am James Paskaruk will present on the Zynthian Open Synth
Platform which is a many featured synthesizer platform that runs on a
Rapsberry Pi. This talk will be delivered remotely and we will make
the video conference link available on our website for folks unable to
make it in person.

----

We're branding the 3pm-6pm cyber security talks as Skullspace Security
CSides, kind of a light weight BSides.

For this we've already got 3 talks, including my *nix adjacent talk
about PGP smart cards.
(I may make a MUUG presentation of that subject matter some day)

I know it's now very short notice ask, but I could still use an
infosec talk or two at 4:30pm or 5pm.

Even a short talk, like 15 minutes including Q&A would be welcomed.
For speakers we're offering a honourium and evening event ticket.

Happy Hacking,
Mark Jenkins