[RndTbl] MUUG Meeting, Tuesday, Oct 3, 7:30pm (In-person/Hybrid Meeting) -- libheif

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Oct 3 04:28:33 CDT 2023

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting IN PERSON, on Tuesday, October 3rd, at 7:30pm.

libheif

Wyatt Zacharias will provide a brief overview of the "new" high efficiency
image file format (HEIF) using some of the native tools provided by the
libheif library as well as third party applications to work with this new
format. Additionally Wyatt will demonstrate how to build the latest
version of the library to add support for HEVC encoded images created by
newer devices.

Where to find the Meeting:

    Fortress Software Inc., 350 Keewatin St -- Unit #2

    We conntinue with our in-person meeting location. Brad Vokey has
    graciously let us use his work office for our in-person meetings for
    the foreseeable future. The meeting room will be open by 7:00 pm, with
    the actual meeting starting at 7:30 pm. If driving, enter the lot
    using the most north east entrance and drive around to the south west
    corner of the building (see route in map detail on poster linked
    below). You can use any of the free, ample, and safe parking spots
    that say "reserved" in front of units #1 through #4 before entering
    unit #2. Bus stops #30814 and #30880 (route 77) are only 150 meters
    away. The last bus leaves for Polo Park at 10:15 pm and for Garden
    City at 10:31 pm. Logan Ave. bus routes #19, #26, and #27 are a 600
    meter (8 minute) walk to the south.

    For those unable or preferring not to attend in person, the meeting
    will also be available online, using BBB as usual. Stay tuned to our
    muug.ca home page for the official URL, which will be made available
    about a half hour before the meeting starts. (Reload the page if you
    don't see the link, or if there are issues with connecting.)

    *Date Change*

    Please note that the meeting this month, and for the foreseeable
    future, is on the first Tuesday of each month.

The group now holds its meetings at 7:30pm on the *first* Tuesday of every
month from September to June. (There are no meetings in July and August.)
Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a MUUG
member to attend.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out our
web server:

	https://muug.ca/

Help us promote this month's meeting, by putting this poster up on your
workplace bulletin board or other suitable public message board, or
linking to it on social media:

	https://muug.ca/meetings/MUUGmeeting.pdf