[RndTbl] Raspberry Pi OS 12 bookworm and Wayland - no screen saver?

Gilbert Detillieux Gilbert.Detillieux at umanitoba.ca
Wed Oct 18 15:06:02 CDT 2023

Answering my own question, it would appear that you can set screen
blanking (DPMS) in the command-line/TUI tool, raspi-config...

pi at raspberrypi:~ $ sudo raspi-config
pi at raspberrypi:~ $ tail -2 .config/wayfire.ini
[idle]
dpms_timeout=600
pi at raspberrypi:~ $

In raspi-config, select "2 Display Options", then "D2 Screen Blanking",
then enable.  The above change to .config/wayfire.ini seems to be the
net effect.  The timeout is set to 600 seconds, and could probably be
changed to any reasonable value, and likely 0 would disable it again.

Funny that there wasn't a more obvious way to set this, via GUI screen
preferences.

Gilbert

Gilbert Detillieux          E-mail: Gilbert.Detillieux at umanitoba.ca
Computer Science            Web:    http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/
University of Manitoba      Phone:  204-474-8161
Winnipeg MB CANADA  R3T 2N2
For best CS dept. service, contact <cs-support at lists.umanitoba.ca>.