[RndTbl] Chrome blows up the net?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Mar 8 00:08:37 CST 2024

On 2024-03-08 Adam Thompson wrote:
> V8 is the JavaScript engine developed for use in Google Chrome.
> Tons of projects have imported the V8 JS engine for one reason or
> another, without necessarily importing Chromium itself. So......
> yeah, what you're seeing sounds about right.  Even Java support
> JavaScript nowadays. -Adam

Haha, so now that has me wondering just how embarrassing this bug
really is... something buggy in JS/V8's type massaging perhaps?  How on
earth does this go unnoticed for (ostensibly) a long time.

So this one bug may have had 356(+!) packages vulnerable.  Makes the
openssl bug look like child's play.

Oh no... this will just give more ammo to the "force strict typing"
crowd!!  ;-)   <--- sort of

Google programmer skill seems to be devolving to level of MS, which I
would have thought impossible.

If someone finds actual details (or a git commit!) post it here...