[*] Re: [Fwd: MTS Transfers]

Ray Bowler rbowler at winnipegit.com
Wed Aug 31 16:06:22 CDT 2005

I tried.
I was told that there were technical requirements to get the service. When I challenged that claim and asked what technical requirements there were above and beyond billing issues, the agent on the phone indicated that they were not aware of any "technical" requirements to get the service. When I asked to have the requirements explained to me in greater detail I was passed to a manager, who in turn had a boiler plate response that it is a technical requirement. They indicated that they would not do "upgrades" on a line for internet if there would be no voice service on the line. When I indicated the line in question has already had such upgrades, and that I simply want to dump the voice service,  they said that it is simply a requirement to have both. This went on and on, when made mention of CRTC, I was passed to someone else who more or less said (rudely) that it's a requirement to get DSL service from them period, be it technical or otherwise, they are not bound to disclose that information to me and that if I wasn't going to get voice service  and DSL , then I would have to get internet elsewhere. Of course the kicker was when I said I already have Voice and DSL service with MTS, and that I just want to change providers for my voice services, she went into the standard script of "What has prompted you to change providers for you voice services, would you like to still retain MTS as your voice provider, was there a specific issue that prompted my decision to change etc etc etc....." The kicker to add to THAT one was that I complained that they simply aren't listening to my needs as a customer, and she indicated she didn't' understand what I meant....               Touché

Ray Bowler
Winnipeg I.T. Ltd.
1743 Grant Ave. * Winnipeg, Manitoba R3N OM9
* Landline: 204-480-4090
* Mobile: 204-228-4578
* email: rbowler at winnipegit.com <mailto:rbowler at winnipegit.com>