[*] The Jeff Pulver Blog: Om, Since You Ask, Here Are My Initial Thoughts on the PC-to-PSTN Price War:

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 6 10:59:18 CDT 2006

Ron Dallmeier wrote:
> The following was one of the comments below. Unfortunately, in Canada,
> most of the cell providers are ILECs. But I wonder if companies like
> Rogers and Shaw would consider free voice "peering" with ITSPs.

While if ENUM was working this would happen automatically. But this is like IXs,
the big players do not really see it as in their interest to peer with small
ISPs.  The PSTN access charges does change the equation a bit since they would
save money even when talking to small ITSPs. I am assukming the cablecos are
already peering or at least talking about peering among themselves.

-- Bill