[*] Gizmo - A free phone for your computer - Learn More Overview

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 26 17:33:17 CDT 2006

Tech Support wrote:
> And the fine print says:
> The All Calls Free plan applies when both call participants are registered
> and active Gizmo Project users. A person is considered active when they make
> a few phone calls per week with Gizmo Project and don't abuse the plan.
>
> So to me that means a paying user who makes a few paid calls a week... not
> free calls.  Am I reading something into this?

My interpretation is not paid calls but usage of Gizmo which of course with
other Gizmo users is free. I think the intent of the free PSTN call is to
encourage people to have Gizmo running when the PC is on.  When the PC is off
you can contact the person via the PSTN. This really addresses the issue of
people who do not have their PCs always on.

-- Bill