[*] Echo - possible solution

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Oct 10 10:02:44 CDT 2006

You probably can't solve the echo problems but make sure you have the
following:

First, use asterisk-1.4beta which has the most up to date echo
cancelers.

If you are not using 1.4, then in the file: zaptel-1.2.X/zconfig.h

Comment out the other echo cancelers and uncomment:

#define ECHO_CAN_MG2

And in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf, make sure you have:

echocancel=yes ;or try echocancel=256
echotraining=yes

---

In theory there is no reason why the x100p can't have just as good of
echo cancellation as any other analog card (since they all use software
echo). The only thing I can think of is that since the x100p is
basically a software modem it has high CPU overhead which prevents the
software echo cancellation from working as well as it could.

Alternatively you could just buy a SIP channel from a provider ;) Then
you don't need a server or a phone line.

---

John