[*] 10Mbit speed - Shaw QoS Fraud?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu Sep 7 12:07:38 CDT 2006

I would have to agree. Its fraud.

"Shaw will provide a quality of service (QoS) feature that will enhance
these services"

Passive signal monitoring will not enhance these services therefore that
is clearly a deception.

Furthermore, the page explains in some detail how delay, packet loss,
and bandwidth shortfalls will have a negative impact on VoIP and states
that Shaw QOS is available to solve these problems.

What you have to understand about this page is its really a Shaw VoIP
attack ad masquerading as an advertisement for a QOS enhancement. You
are supposed to read it an go "oh, VoIP sucks without Shaw QOS. But if I
add QOS its going to cost me the same as Shaw Digital Phone so why don't
I just get Shaw Digital Phone?"

John