[*] fractional PRI - no d-channels available?

Theodore Baschak theodore at nerdzone.ca
Thu Jun 12 15:08:14 CDT 2008

Hi All:

# cat /etc/zaptel.conf
span = 1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan = 1-16
dchan = 24
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

# cat /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[trunkgroups]

[channels]

switchtype=ni1
context=default
signalling=pri_cpe
group=1
channel => 1-16

# cat /proc/zaptel/1
Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) B8ZS/ESF ClockSource

            1 TE2/0/1/1 Clear (In use)
            2 TE2/0/1/2 Clear (In use)
            3 TE2/0/1/3 Clear (In use)
            4 TE2/0/1/4 Clear (In use)
            5 TE2/0/1/5 Clear (In use)
            6 TE2/0/1/6 Clear (In use)
            7 TE2/0/1/7 Clear (In use)
            8 TE2/0/1/8 Clear (In use)
            9 TE2/0/1/9 Clear (In use)
           10 TE2/0/1/10 Clear (In use)
           11 TE2/0/1/11 Clear (In use)
           12 TE2/0/1/12 Clear (In use)
           13 TE2/0/1/13 Clear (In use)
           14 TE2/0/1/14 Clear (In use)
           15 TE2/0/1/15 Clear (In use)
           16 TE2/0/1/16 Clear (In use)
           17 TE2/0/1/17
           18 TE2/0/1/18
           19 TE2/0/1/19
           20 TE2/0/1/20
           21 TE2/0/1/21
           22 TE2/0/1/22
           23 TE2/0/1/23
           24 TE2/0/1/24 HDLCFCS (In use)

DualPRI*CLI> pri show span 1
Primary D-channel: 24
Switchtype: National ISDN 1
Type: CPE
Window Length: 0/7
Sentrej: 0
SolicitFbit: 0
Retrans: 0
Busy: 0
Overlap Dial: 0
T200 Timer: 1000
T203 Timer: 10000
T305 Timer: 30000
T308 Timer: 4000
T309 Timer: -1
T313 Timer: 4000
N200 Counter: 3

DualPRI*CLI> pri show spans
PRI span 1/0: Provisioned, Up, Active

I just got off the phone with Shaw, and I've got the National ISDN 1
thingy in there now at their suggestion, however now I'm seeing the
following:

[Jun 12 15:06:29] WARNING[2934]: chan_zap.c:9294 pri_dchannel: PRI Error
on span 0: We think we're the CPE, but they think they're the CPE too.

[Jun 12 15:06:30] WARNING[2934]: chan_zap.c:9294 pri_dchannel: PRI Error
on span 0: We think we're the CPE, but they think they're the CPE too.

[Jun 12 15:06:31] WARNING[2934]: chan_zap.c:9294 pri_dchannel: PRI Error
on span 0: We think we're the CPE, but they think they're the CPE too.

[Jun 12 15:06:32] WARNING[2934]: chan_zap.c:9294 pri_dchannel: PRI Error
on span 0: We think we're the CPE, but they think they're the CPE too.

Apparently my CSU might be looped, I'm about to call the NOC and have
them check for loops.

The light on the back of the card IS green though.

Theo