[RndTbl] MUUG mirror site problems

Dan & Michele ve4drk at mts.net
Sun Feb 29 20:39:00 CST 2004

Following Gilles message, I was interested in downloading the current
fedora iso images from muug's ftp site for a friend (but I like debian
myself ;-) today when I noticed that my download speed is a staggering
5KBps (yes, that is bytes per second.. wow) ... I'm on mts dsl and I'm
not sure if this is indicative of any caps that might be applied at the
time, or some other issue, but that does seem rather low low transfer
rates .... is anyone else having difficulties in this area?  btw: my ip
is in the 142.161.179.   address range for mts dsl.
I traced the route from my machine to the muug site and it goes to
toronto, then to calgary, then to wpg to get into shaw's bigpipe systems
... only 130ms RTT .. not too shabby for crossin' the country to get to
a local inter-city site :-( .. when will these guys play nice together ...

Thanks.

Dan.