[RndTbl] Shaw packet loss

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:26:04 CDT 2010

On 10-10-19 11:03 AM, Adam Thompson wrote:
> Mike, that sounds more like your gateway router running out of CPU cycles than Shaw doing traffic management.
> I work with an ISP: doing the sort of thing you're describing *is* possible, but insanely difficult and expensive, especially on Shaw's scale.
> I have a 2GHz router, it should handle it - I can test later this week.
> -Adam

	d-link EBR-2310. As a 10/100 router it should be faster than the
connection I get from Shaw. Transfers on the LAN side are pretty much
unaffected no matter what I do. No time-outs. No "Can't find server"
messages. That sort of thing. Then again it's local to the house.

	It looks like it'll be later in the day before I can do the tests
suggested by everybody. All the tasks in a queue...

				Later
				Mike