[RndTbl] Linux "mom ready"?

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Wed Feb 12 08:50:58 CST 2014

On the topic, curious what people think about SaaS options vs the desktop
options.

I've been very happy with mint.com for my personal finances. Wave is pretty
good for businesses (my major gripe was the bank import, but they've moved
to Yodlee so that should be better)

I used ufile for the past 2 or 3 years for taxes after using QuickTax every
year since ~94. I've had more "notice of reassessments" from the CRA since
I've started doing that, though. Actually really pissed off at them because
despite filling out a form they didn't efile it to the CRA and I got into a
huge mess. My taxes are a bit more complicated than average but not such
that I feel the need to send to an accountant.

SaaS makes the choice of desktop OS less important, IMHO, and can provide a
better experience than desktop if done right.

Sean

Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/