[RndTbl] SourceForge pulling a CNet download.com boneheaded move?

Wyatt Zacharias wyatt at magitech.ca
Fri Jun 5 10:57:36 CDT 2015

I saw this a couple days ago. Not surprising really, sourceforge has felt a
bit scummy for a while now, but I first really ran into it when trying to
download filezilla, by default you get the "sourceforge download manager
application". It didn't give me any adware/malware, but it's very unnerving
when the exe you download isn't the program you wanted.
I avoid sourceforge these days, and with the number of ads and false
download buttons I won't use it unless I can't get a program anywhere else.

--
Wyatt Zacharias